Semi Aquatic Filtration

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BettaPonic, Jul 19, 2017.

1. BettaPonic

BettaPonicWell Known MemberMember

7e83d72abbd14e8b98d5d5ce1ce15d3a.jpg
    63eca813061f535ed4e04a375f5bef48.jpg
    b8a0312acf463acdf25d4d00533c3734.jpg
    Thought I would start a discussion.

2. ljhnz

ljhnzNew MemberMember

Great looking jungle in the top photo! I recognise Golden Pothos, possibly some luck bamboo...am I right? It's hard to see - how are you getting all the plants to sit on top of the tanks? Have you got any photos of how the roots look in the tanks?
    I've got a cutting of a plant that we know as a "Drunken Sailer" sitting on the top of my Grandson's tank (38 litres which is home to a Freshwater Koura). I just sat it in a corner, held by one of the glass lids, it's been there about a month now and seems to be thriving. It's a nice trailing plant, leaves are green on top and purple underneath, has little white flowers I'm blowed if I can find the correct botanical name for it though!

3. Heather L

Heather LValued MemberMember

Sweet! I'm also curious as to how you have them secured. I love this idea and have wanted to try it, but I have a school of hatchet fish and don't want to lose any of the little escape artists.

4. OP
    OP
    BettaPonic

BettaPonicWell Known MemberMember

Marina Hang on Box. I don't keep jumpy fish and have a whole in the lid.

5. ljhnz

ljhnzNew MemberMember

I found the correct name for the Drunken Sailor plant! It's Plectranthus ciliatus - here's a link to a description of it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice