Semi aggressive tank

Jackkelly

Looking for a fish that will go great in a semi aggressive tank peferably one that schools. I have considered serpae tetras but I know they are big fun nippers.

FinalFins

Fin nipping is one of the traits you get when looking for semi aggressive schooling fish.

Tiger barbs and denison barbs come to mind but tiger barbs can easily harass a fish to death.

Tank dimensions?

Jackkelly

I’m in a 25 gallon now front tank it’s similar measurements to a 20 long but taller

Jackkelly

kallililly1973

I have 10 tiger barbs in a 29 with guppies albino Cory’s and an albino bristlenose pleco and they keep to themselves. I also have 4 serpae tetra in my 55 and they school with my Vonrio tetras and also never noticed any nipping between them just a little chasing every now n then . Also both tanks are heavily planted so that I’m sure helps break up their line of sight and provides plenty of cover.

FinalFins

Jackkelly said:
I’m in a 25 gallon now front tank it’s similar measurements to a 20 long but taller
Do yu have exact measurements? I havent heard of a 25 bowfront that is 30 inches long.

Jackkelly

FinalFins said:
Do yu have exact measurements? I havent heard of a 25 bowfront that is 30 inches long.
25x15x21

FinalFins

OK so that is closer to the dimensions to the 20 high tank.

With your current stock I don't really recommend adding much more.

Jackkelly

One of the shark hides and so does the pleco I’m just looking to add some more life to the tank

AO1

rainbow sharks are very territorial, you cannot put 3 rainbow sharks in a 25" tank.
each rainbow shark needs a minimum or 48" long tank.

Top Bottom