Semi Aggressive Fish?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by KyleJ, Aug 1, 2017.

1. K

KyleJ New Member Member

Hey everyone! Still pretty new to,the hobby, and currently have a 46 gallon tank just about cycled. I have a few platies and swordtails, and a group of small neon tetras. While visiting the store today, I saw a lot of cool fish like Angel fish and the bala shark for examples. Both were titled community fish, but semi aggressive. Would these fish be okay with less aggressive fish such as platies and neon tetras? Of course I know not to overstock. Just want your thoughts?

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Bala Sharks need quite large tanks, because of their size at maturity.
    They are classified as "Unkeepable" in the hobby mainly because of how large they can get.

I strongly advise against them, even though they are pretty nice.

Angelfish, on the other hand, can be nice communal fish, but need the right tank mates.
    Most of times they will be better off alone, or with peaceful bottom dwellers.

3. Prism

Prism Well Known Member Member

I agree with above. ^

4. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

Bala sharks will get to big, you could do a gourami or maybe a dwarf cichlid.

5. sfsamm

sfsamm Well Known Member Member

6. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Angels need warmer temps than neons and as mentioned, the bala sharks require huge tanks.

What are the dimensions of the tank?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice