Question Semi-Aggressive cichlid

Sam999

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hey i have had a tank for about 8 weeks now and my parents want a colourful cichlid i was thinking maybe a Pseudotropheus polit but they might be a little to aggressive any suggestions? i will understand if the set up will not work though

tank mates 2 angels and a peacock eel moderately planted with a lot of hole and things to hide in e.g. pbc piping and very large drift wood with holes

Thx!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hey i have had a tank for about 8 weeks now and my parents want a colourful cichlid i was thinking maybe a Pseudotropheus polit but they might be a little to aggressive any suggestions? i will understand if the set up will not work though

tank mates 2 angels and a peacock eel moderately planted with a lot of hole and things to hide in e.g. pbc piping and very large drift wood with holes

Thx!
Hi sam!
the polit will not work...he needs different water requirements and will tear up the angles is this for the 36g tank? or some other tank....what else is in there?

Sam999

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
um not much at the moment if we get a cichlid it will be the last to goin they also like yellow labs i have 5 gold barbs (each only and inch) 2 angels (each 2 inches) and a peacock eel 4 inches and once again i under stand if the cichlids will not work but i want some one with experience because we don't have a LFS except pet smart

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
lol whats not much? and is the tank the 36g in your info? any african cichlid, will not work they have a different diet/water requirement...and will be too agressive for the angels and others....depending on what you already have, and the size of the tank, will make a difference on advice others can give you

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would say that the tank is already fully stocked given the size that the Peacock Eel can get to. I don't think there is much you could add that would be safe from the Eel & not cause problems for your Angels & I think bio-load wise the tank is fully stocked to.

Sam999

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
ok Thanks i as not quiet sure so i thought i would ask Thanks again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom