selling Tri corys - what age and size is ok?

Cory-crazy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have some trilineatus cories(false julli) which i intend on selling,but unsure what size is good for them to be sold on at...

At the moment the juvi's they vary between 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch,age wise they're around 4-6 months old.

Would this be ok size/age to sell them on at? they have been in the main tank for quite a while and very active

Also what price is fair? They cost around £4.95 locally in the UK ...

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMO they should be ready to go now. They'll do just fine I'm sure.

As for asking price, I'm not sure what to tell you because I live in the states, but I would think that you'll be able to get more from individual buyers than you would selling them to your LFS. Do you have a local aquarium club? That might be a great place for you to start, plus you'll probably make some new friends in the process.

Congrats on the spawns!

Regal

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just sold 19 Perppered Cories in April that were from eggs laid in October. They were around an inch, some bigger, some smaller. I would just point out to potential buyers that if they will fit in another fish's mouth then they will get eaten. People that read up on cories will find that they are compatible with certain fish, Angels for example. I tried to add some to a tank with Angels when they were about this size and they just became a snack. I sold the 19 Cories I raised for $30. I know they were worth more but I was ready to get rid of them. I sold mine on Craigslist.

Good luck!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you decide to post them for sale please post them in the buy/sell/trade forum
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads