Selling swordtails

Shay1431

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I am trying to sell my sword tails but wasn't sure about how to sell them and where to go. The ones i have ended up having alot of babies and caused a spike in my tank so part of my remodeling process I decided I wanted to sell them each for i guess $2 not really sure a good price I still have some really small ones i need to grow out before selling them to but the ones i have that are big enough can be sold. I had only one male and the rest females but one is starting to show signs of becoming a male so. They where fun to keep for a bit but the populating got out of control for me so I am looking to rehome them the are all in healthy condition and showed no sings of being sick but still need to be Corentined if planing to put them with other fish. They are also great with mollies and Guppies just recommend a bigger tank if you plan to breed them because apparently a 55 gallon wasn't good enough for me

Attachments

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well,, there is a section on this forum for selling fish, there is craigslist with a rehoming fee, you can call the petstores and try, they might give you 25 cents a fish , i really dont know what a petstore would give, I got like 10 cents a molly from an lfs once and im still kind of bitter about it.

OP
Shay1431

Shay1431

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Noroomforshoe said:
Well,, there is a section on this forum for selling fish, there is craigslist with a rehoming fee, you can call the petstores and try, they might give you 25 cents a fish , i really dont know what a petstore would give, I got like 10 cents a molly from an lfs once and im still kind of bitter about it.
I would be to mollies are awesome

Noroomforshoe

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks, ! they were beautiful, thought I would at least get enough money to buy another fish from that store.

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It seems that selling fish overhere where I live is much easier than with you guys from what I read so often. Why is that?

OP
Shay1431

Shay1431

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
emeraldking said:
It seems that selling fish overhere where I live is much easier than with you guys from what I read so often. Why is that?
Yeah because cases went up here. So there is much coming in or out. Also I not sure alot of people are into the fish hobby in my area

emeraldking

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shay1431 said:
Yeah because cases went up here. So there is much coming in or out. Also I not sure alot of people are into the fish hobby in my area
If i'd made an ad overhere, the fish will be gone within a couple of days. And quite often the same day...
And even stores are willing to purchase them for a reasonable price as long as they're healthy.
But I know that location tells a lot as well wether fish can be sold easily or not.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom