Selling fish!

1. Hippiechick Initiate Member

Today I took 5 of my Green Terror juvies to a new LFS and traded them in for store credit. I've done this in the past with other LFS's where I used to live and usually get $2 each for them. Well, today I actually got $3 a piece for them! I am so jazzed about that. The owner was wanting to know what else I breed, hahaha! I only have a breeding pair of GT's, nothing else right now but I can't say I would mind finding a female Blackbelt so I could breed some Veija's. That would be awesome!

Its definately been a good day~ :)

2. Susie Initiate Member

Awesome!

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Congrats Hippiechick!

I've done that in the past too. I've also traded juvenile fish that I've raised for other types of fish in the past. Usually the LFS will work with you because they know the serious hobbyists when they see them - just good business on their part I guess.

4. Hippiechick Initiate Member

Absolutely Mike! THe owner was wanting to know what else I bred, and what I was planning on breeding. I think he was really impressed with my GT's. I was really jazzed about it!

5. fletch Member Member

HOW DO YOU MANAGE THAT? when ever ive tried to sell mine onto retailers theyonly offer £1 a fish if im lucky

6. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Ah thats brill! I haven't bred anything but I asked at Pets At Home and they said they wont deal with anyone without a permit! I didn't know you had to have a permit but hey...

7. fletch Member Member

When I sold mine I just asked them and they took them. I suppose it also depends on which country your in

8. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Do you sell them at a chain pet shop Fletch? Or just a little independant? It looks like my mickey mouse platy is about to pop so I'll need a home for them once they're grown :-[

9. fletch Member Member

Well...its a chain store called mid cornwall aquatics, there is a north cornwall aquatics and a south cornwall aquatics etc. But being cornwall everyone seems to treat it as a local independant and its very relaxed and dosey. I'd go for local store.

10. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Great! I'll give it a go - thanks:)

11. Craig Well Known Member Member

how do u get a permit 2 sell fish???

12. FishFan Member Member

Buy a fishing license! JUST KIDDING!!! :D

13. fletch Member Member

Ha, funny!!! ;D

14. FishFan Member Member

8)I try!