Selling Fish Safely?

Nicolas Hernandez
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good and reliable platform to sell freshwater fish? Want to do some redecorating and aquascaping which won't be possible with some of my fish, which are also growing and require me to get a bigger tank that I may not be able to get at the moment. Was hoping to find a safe and secure platform to find suitable parents for my little guys. I have tried local fsh stores and they offer very low store credit or just do not take it. Thank you!!

Rainy day
If you're willing to ship and you're American, look into aquabid. If you're not willing to ship, try local groups on Facebook, craigslist and KijijI (if you're Canadian).

RyRyTheAquariumGuy
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good and reliable platform to sell freshwater fish? Want to do some redecorating and aquascaping which won't be possible with some of my fish, which are also growing and require me to get a bigger tank that I may not be able to get at the moment. Was hoping to find a safe and secure platform to find suitable parents for my little guys. I have tried local fsh stores and they offer very low store credit or just do not take it. Thank you!!

I know that there is a special forum on here for trading, sales, etc. But I believe you have to hit 75 posts or something like that to access it. Not sure if that is a solid and active place but I'm sure it's a great start!

shutterbug13
You only need 50 posts so you could try on here.

2211Nighthawk
I know that there is a special forum on here for trading, sales, etc. But I believe you have to hit 75 posts or something like that to access it. Not sure if that is a solid and active place but I'm sure it's a great start!
50 posts.

Shutter beat me...

RyRyTheAquariumGuy
You only need 50 posts so you could try on here.
do you know how to access this forum? I am still yet to get on there.

Nicolas Hernandez
do you know how to access this forum? I am still yet to get on there.
****. By the time I get 50 posts I would have hopefully sold them. Thanks anyway, I will prob try aquabid or something!!

shutterbug13
Platylover
Forums are going to be your best bet on getting a safe and reliable home, although local clubs are also a valid option. You may have to consider shipping if your haven't already, as finding a good local home can prove difficult(heck, when I tried someone was very kind and offered to take my fish but had a dreadfully over stocked tank).

JeffK
People do sell fish on ebay as well.

Mcasella
People do sell fish on ebay as well.
Selling fees occur there per auction though, aquabid only requests donations on items over 30$.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
OnTheFly
Replies
Views
Makena95'GT
Replies
Views
Bryangar
Replies
Views