Selling A Second Hand Aquarium

McGoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I live in Canada and I was wondering what everyone's onion would be on the subject... what would be a fair asking price if I wanted to sell a 75 gallon tank with stand, glass hinged lids, two flourecent light fixtures that were never used, and a heater? Any thoughts would be appreciated

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How old is the tank? Is it glass or acrylic? How good is the shape is the tank and stand? How much did you pay for it?

McGoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The tank is in good shape, if I didn't get such a good deal on my new 125, I would still have it set up. The tank is a glass Marineland, only about two years old. Was given as a gift from some friends that just wanted it gone because they upgraded to a 90g. The stand isn't bad, just homemade. I had it up and running about a month ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nanologist

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'd say $200-250 would be reasonable. Could go as high as $300 but may not sell quickly since a person could get a brand new 75g Marineland with stand and lights for $350 or less on sale:

Could always reduce the price if it doesn't sell quickly.

McGoo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Would that be U.S. currency or Canadian you were thinking, I'm in Canada

fissh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Moat of the time used tanks and equipment go for about half of what they cost new. if they're in good shape.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom