Seeking Ryukin and Ranchu in Northern VA

1. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

Hey,
    Last time I got some good help finding some Tiger Barbs. I'm currently seeking a 3+" Ranchi and a 3+" Ryukin. I'm in Ashburn and have checked all over the place for them. The only place that has Ranchu's is Vienna Aquarium but theirs are black and very small so they're out of the running. I've run back and fourth through the nearby Petcos, Petsmarts and Pet supplies plus but everyone has itty bitty fish as usual. The Petco by Wegmans sometimes has massive Goldies but they seem to have had an outbreak of Anchor worms and mass deaths...so they're not good right now.

Has anyone seen some colorful Ryukin's or Ranchus in the 3 - 5 inch range?

2. millca Member Member

I would highly recommend you buy your ranchus from EastCoast Ranchu. They have their available ranchus on Facebook with pics and videos of each one for sale. They are based out of NY OR NJ (I forget). Awesome breeder who really does a great job with her fish.

3. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

4. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

millca I browsed through East Coasts selection of larger fish and the ones I liked were all sold. Fairly expensive but probably worth it from what i've heard. I may have to wait until they have something good if I go that route

Rivieraneo I have a Flyball (a dog relay sport) tournament that weekend that I am helping out at, also selling 3D printed stuff there so I can't make it to the Goldfishshow :(

5. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

Oh gosh, East Coast looks like they have uploaded some new Ranchus! AGH, $90 Lemon head...SO CUTE.

I may buy it... lol

6. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

Woops I went and bought it :)

Below is my soon to be delivered 4 inch Lemon head being shipped on Monday over night to me :)

[video=youtube;0GWFOCl7bkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GWFOCl7bkA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for reminding me to look back at East Coast Ranchu, the little guy was expensive but I think he'll be worth it.

As for a Ryukin, I will wait until this little guy is good and settled into his 75 gallon after his 20 gallon quarantine before I look for one.

7. millca Member Member

He's adorable!!!! Congrats!

8. aHumanBeing Well Known Member Member

Just went back to Vienna Aquariums in Leesburg and it looks like they just got some Ranchus! I'm mostly just letting other people know since I ordered my Ranchu. But the ones I saw were mostly red/orange, about 3 inches and seemed pretty healthy. I think they probably had 10+ of the little guys, they also had some Juvenile Bubble eyes, 1" Black Ranchus (not super duper healthy) but they were really young. They also seem to have gotten a bunch of juvenile fantails, probably 50+ of them in good condition.