Seeking permission to post link

Fisheye

Hi,

Two questions, if I may...

I can't figure out how to find a moderator to ask permission. I managed to connect with Lucy last night but not really sure how I did it. I'm on a laptop if that makes a difference. (Clicking Members didn't work this time)

I was wondering if I could post this link

...on a thread asking about a substrate. The forum member specifically mentioned CEC and I thought this might be of interest.

I understand if it's a lot!

Thank you,

Jackie

Cody

It’s not my place but since your just sharing a link to helpful information, that is usually accepted.

Advertising or trying to publicly solicit members to other forums is not allowed.

Mike Coradee Lucy

there are more but I can not remember all their tags- no offense mods!

david1978

Usually your good unless after you post it it say Google. Those are the no no sites.

Fisheye

Thank you both.

I've had 2 or so links removed and gotten messages-I understood one issue was because the info was already on this site. Am not familiar enough with where everything is here so have been using my "go to's:

I didn't want to bother Lucy if she's not moderating tonight- I have no idea how any of that world turns.

Thanks!

Lucy

Fisheye said:
Hi,

Two questions, if I may...

I can't figure out how to find a moderator to ask permission. I managed to connect with Lucy last night but not really sure how I did it. I'm on a laptop if that makes a difference. (Clicking Members didn't work this time)

I was wondering if I could post this link

...on a thread asking about a substrate. The forum member specifically mentioned CEC and I thought this might be of interest.

I understand if it's a lot!

Thank you,

Jackie
Hi Jackie, we've messaged so you could always return there. I don't know why the members tab didn't work.

Cody said:
It’s not my place but since your just sharing a link to helpful information, that is usually accepted.

Advertising or trying to publicly solicit members to other forums is not allowed.

Mike Coradee Lucy

there are more but I can not remember all their tags- no offense mods!
Thanks Cody, this is true as long as it isn't excessive. FishLore is for members to help other members not consistantly directing people elsewhere.

david1978 said:
Usually your good unless after you post it it say Google. Those are the no no sites.
lol, there is that.

Fisheye said:
Thank you both.

I've had 2 or so links removed and gotten messages-I understood one issue was because the info was already on this site. Am not familiar enough with where everything is here so have been using my "go to's:

I didn't want to bother Lucy if she's not moderating tonight- I have no idea how any of that world turns.

Thanks!
It's never a bother. The moderators don't have a set schedule. We're on, we're off whenever our real life allows.

It's fine to occasionally offer a link to help with the discussion, again the key word would be occasionally. Is there an exact number we consider excessive? No, but if it's been noticed, it's too many.

Fisheye

Thanks so much!

Very weird that I couldn't find moderators tonight-I tried a bunch of times, a bunch of different ways.

Say, what does "Usually your good unless after you post it it say Google " mean?

So I will post the CEC link to Planted tank. Thank you.

Good night, all!

jdhef

FishLore will not allow links to a couple specific sites. If someone links to one of those site the link get replaced with a google link.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom