Status
Not open for further replies.

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi,
I am setting uo my 75g this week. I was just wanting to know what you guys think. I was going to take the hob cascade 200 off my 36g bow (still has a rena canister running) and use it to seed the 75g would this be enough "seed material" to stabalize it, and maybe add a small school right away to keep the cycle up, then slowly from there add more fish. I will have a canister running on the 75g as well.
The cascade 200 hob has only been seeding a month (when i found out my christmas present) is that going to be enough? along with a few pieces of decor? I just do not want to overwelm the system so i only want to add fishies very slowly.

Thanks again

OP
llfish

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Will do , am getting so excited. The tank I am taking it from is only 2 months old so we shall see how this goes. I dont think it is mature enough. I do have some stinky stuff called microblift that claims an instant cycle debating on trying that along with. It should be fine if i dont add too much at a time. All my fish are still really little. I was going to add a school of corys (6) then let them add to the existing bioload then add more. Will definately get pics when they are done. Hubby is making me a stand so tryingt o be patient!

OP
llfish

llfish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Me again!

New plan I am taking apart my 29 gallon and using all its contents to seed my 75g, so gravel, hob filter and all decor. How many fish can I safely add after? I was thinking 10 <1inch corys and 5 harlequin rasboras. Is that too many? I just dont want to add too many to my 36g while I wait for it to bump up my load. Currently in my 29 I have 5 corys, 2 gourami, and 5 glass catfish.

Thoughts?

I was not sure if I could add the same number of fish to the 75g as I have already in the 29g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom