seeding 75g

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by llfish, Dec 24, 2012.

1. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

Hi,
    I am setting uo my 75g this week. I was just wanting to know what you guys think. I was going to take the hob cascade 200 off my 36g bow (still has a rena canister running) and use it to seed the 75g would this be enough "seed material" to stabalize it, and maybe add a small school right away to keep the cycle up, then slowly from there add more fish. I will have a canister running on the 75g as well.
    The cascade 200 hob has only been seeding a month (when i found out my christmas present) is that going to be enough? along with a few pieces of decor? I just do not want to overwelm the system so i only want to add fishies very slowly.

Thanks again

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

3. OP
    OP
    llfish

Will do , am getting so excited. The tank I am taking it from is only 2 months old so we shall see how this goes. I dont think it is mature enough. I do have some stinky stuff called microblift that claims an instant cycle debating on trying that along with. It should be fine if i dont add too much at a time. All my fish are still really little. I was going to add a school of corys (6) then let them add to the existing bioload then add more. Will definately get pics when they are done. Hubby is making me a stand so tryingt o be patient!

4. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello,

I'll be looking forward to updates.

Ken candycane2.gif

5. OP
    OP
    llfish

Me again!

New plan I am taking apart my 29 gallon and using all its contents to seed my 75g, so gravel, hob filter and all decor. How many fish can I safely add after? I was thinking 10 <1inch corys and 5 harlequin rasboras. Is that too many? I just dont want to add too many to my 36g while I wait for it to bump up my load. Currently in my 29 I have 5 corys, 2 gourami, and 5 glass catfish.

Thoughts?

I was not sure if I could add the same number of fish to the 75g as I have already in the 29g.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice