Seed looking water bug ID help, pleade

HayleyMartin

Hello,
I've had trouble with these tiny white dots all over the wood pieces of my tank for a few months now, and presumed they were harmless since my fish seemed unaffected by them. I took the wood out of the aquarium, boiled it and let it dry for two weeks and then put it back in the aquarium, and the bugs are back in force, so I imagine they're everywhere and I just see them on the wood because it's dark. I've been doing twice weekly water changes and trying to suck up as many of them as I can but their numbers keep increasing and they're getting bigger. Yesterday I noticed that some bigger ones have started crawling on my Tiger Oscar and he's rubbing himself trying to get them off him. I've not been able to get a very good picture of these bugs but I got the best ones I could. They move across the wood very quickly and swim a little bit. I do see them sometimes floating in the water but they mostly seem to drift a short distance to another piece of wood.
If anyone has any idea what these are and if they're harmful to my fish or not I'd be really grateful to know. Any suggestions an what might be done would be very much appreciated too.

If it's helpful to know here are my tank details:
120gallons
1 tiger oscar 4" 1 albino oscar 4"
Fed Hikari Cichlid gold, 2 balls each twice a day
Decorations fine pebble substrate, 3 pieces of wood and a handful of fake plants
Water
Temp 76
PH 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 30

Attachments

• 2021-02-22-19-02-09-510.jpg
    2021-02-22-19-02-09-510.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 2021-02-22-19-02-34-399.jpg
    2021-02-22-19-02-34-399.jpg