55 Gallon Tank See light at the end of the tunnel

dfisherman
So it is day 47, the longest 47 days ever. But the last 3 readings on my tank are 6/14- PH 7.8, NO2 0, NO3 20+,Ammonia 0. The exact same thing the last 3 days. So if I get theses readings for the next 2 days I should be cycled?
I understand that at this point I would do a 70-80% water change, do I then add fish immediately or do I add another round of ammonia to double check the bacteria? I'm so excited can't wait to add my 1st 5 fish.

Lucy
arty0049: Looks good to me! Nice job!

ayelie
Pretty and hang in there you'll make it.

blkdeath75
Tank looks great and the numbers sound almost perfect! When you say 20+ nitrates do you mean like 21 or like 80? I know it sounds dumb and I'm sure you mean just over 20 but just making sure. better safe than sorry

Lucy
Opps, never did answer your question. You've gotta keep feeding the tank until you get fish.
Like BD said, if the + means 80 nitrate, you can do a water change before adding the ammonia.

FLGirl
Just wanted to say Congrats and your tank is very pretty!!

Kupcake
Very nice looking tank!! You can do a large water change any time now before adding the new fish, but if you wait more than a day you still need to keep putting 3 drops of ammonia to feed the BB until the fish get there.

dfisherman
Thanks everyone, the + means between 20 & 30ppm

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom