Second New Java Loach With Injury Issues

ap4lmtree

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I got 3 java loaches and 1 kuhlI loach in the mail three days ago.

They had rough handling when I got them and they jumped in the sink while I was trying to transfer it to a soup cup.

In addition, I think one of the java loaches was injured before I got them in the mail. It didn't make it, and it died the next day. It is in the first picture.

Today, I noticed a different java loach swimming near the top and then I grabbed him out and put him in a soup cup and then put some diluted methylene blue in

The first picture is of the java loach that had a white swollen and blood abbrasion that died, and this second java loach looks like it has similar injuries. I am not sure if it is one of my new ones though. Maybe he got injured in the tank.

First one that died:

jQBinqR.jpg

This second one that I have issues with that is still living and being treated with methylene blue.

SP5chKC.jpg

gMPZUNi.jpg

Are these abrasions and physical injuries? Or is it a diease like a worm?

After an hour of methylene blue treatment, I put him back in his home 20 gallon tank. Maybe he will heal and be okay, but if not, then he can spend his last time with his java and kuhlI loach friends in the tank.

I took out a 4 bubble disk that my loaches like hiding under, and I sanded the edges of the bottom. I am not sure if that is what caused this second loach abrasion, but I don't think the second loach injury is related to the first java loach injury.

Is the bubble disk they like to hide under. I will keep an eye on what might have caused this damage. It might be an exposed zip tie that I have at the base of my amazon swords. I am not sure.

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What is the meth blue supposed to do?

OP
ap4lmtree

ap4lmtree

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
methylene blue increases oxygen to cells to help them heal and also disinfects.

New Threads