Second Hand Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Tman2902, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Tman2902Valued MemberMember

So I am thinking of getting a second hand 90 with stand, sand and 2 bristle nose plecos (juvenile). The guy is throwing in 3 large pieces of drift wood and a filter as well. All that for $270... Is it worth it? What should I be looking for when I go to look at the tank? Any suggestions and recommendations would be much appreciated!

Link to the kijiji add/ photo

Thanks

-T

2. NympxzieValued MemberMember

Are you getting a stand with it?

Check for cracks, if it's not filled up when you go to see it then you will have to make some sort of deal that if you get it home and fill it up and it starts leaking (badly) you can get your money back.

Make sure the BN's are healthy!

3. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I would just have them fill it up right in front of you. I had to replace a stand that came with a tank and stand ensemble because I noticed a lot of scratches only when I got home. It was a big hassle and wasted about three hours. Learn from my mistake!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. NympxzieValued MemberMember

I can only imagine the huffing and puffing someone would do if you asked them to fill a 90 gallon tank and then empty it! hahaha!

5. Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Aqueon water changer or Python... No huffing required.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. Tman2902Valued MemberMember

I got the tank! Another form post I mentioned that I know have a random BN pleco that I found in the sand of the empty tank. Who I am now looking for a good home for seeing as I don't like plecos all that much... The stand was not in the best of shape however I sanded down the rough parts and will be painting it black or white. Probably black seeing how that covers darker shades.
    Thank you all for the tips!
    I will post photos when the reno is done!
    -T

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. GekcoWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on the new tank :) I hope you can find a home for the pleco.

8. derkuliesValued MemberMember

I paid 350 for my 90 with tank filter and stand so if it all looks good it's not a bad deal

Stand was custom oak

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. Tman2902Valued MemberMember

Ended up only paying 200 however the stand is in rough shape and there was a stowaway in the substrate(albino BN pleco).
    -T

10. Tman2902Valued MemberMember

Fill test! More like fear test! Will it hold? Guest we will see.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice