Seaweed For Clownfish?

Reeferxbetta

I have two false perc clowns, and I was wondering if I could feed them sea weed. I know they can eat things like this, but would the sushI norI type seaweed be alright? I have some for my hermit crabs that is only organic seaweed, nothing else, would this be safe/healthy for them?

KinsKicks

Hello!

NorI is fine for them (but don't make it their only food source; it's not a big part of their diet, but clowns just eat everything haha); some clowns love it, some clowns stay away

And usually unsalted/unprocessed (other than the drying) norI is fine; which kind do you have?

Reeferxbetta

Hello!

NorI is fine for them (but don't make it their only food source; it's not a big part of their diet, but clowns just eat everything haha); some clowns love it, some clowns stay away

And usually unsalted/unprocessed (other than the drying) norI is fine; which kind do you have?
Their main food is new life spectrum pellets, I'm just looking to add some more variety, although they really seem to like the pellets. I have organic sushI nori, I completely checked the label before giving it to my land hermit crabs, so the only ingredient is just organic seaweed, no added salts or flavoring. Are there other ways they process seaweed? I'm guessing it was only dried, as the ingredients list doesn't say otherwise, and my hermit crabs have been loving it, and if you know of any other things my clownfish might enjoy other than pellets, please let me know! I want to add more variety to their diet.

Jesterrace

Frozen Spirulina Formula would work good. When I had my Snowflake Occ, he definitely went nuts for it (so did my fish which were supposed to be exclusively meat eaters).

Reeferxbetta

Frozen Spirulina Formula would work good. When I had my Snowflake Occ, he definitely went nuts for it (so did my fish which were supposed to be exclusively meat eaters).
Awesome! I will see if I can order some or if my local pet store has some, thanks for the advice!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jesterrace
Replies
Views
Jesterrace
  • Question
Replies
Views
coastalcoyote
Replies