Seasonal spawning?

D_C_1

Do cories (in particular Panda's) have certain times of the year for spawning or is it all year round? I've had eggs from mine every week for the last month.
Thanks!

pepetj

I believe they spawn on the rainy season. Looks like you're providing good care for them. If you want them to stop breeding raise water conductivity (e.g. by raising GH) and keep the temp towards the mid-point of their preferred range; lowering content of protein in food should also help.

I would keep on breeding them if this happened to me! Pandas are easy to sell to LFS or better yet, other fishkeepers.

Pepetj
Santo Domingo

D_C_1

Thank you! Yes I definitely want them to keep them breeding, just wondered if they stopped at some point. Thanks

kenzone

Do cories (in particular Panda's) have certain times of the year for spawning or is it all year round? I've had eggs from mine every week for the last month.
Thanks!

Just curious...how big are your Panda Cory's??

I have 4 in my QT tank right now becasue I'm afraid they would get eaten in my 120 gallon tank. Mine are only about 1/2 inch in size.

D_C_1

Not sure, I'll try and measure them tomorrow! I know they are definitely too big to be eaten by anything in the tank now. I also have 4 in my tank, excluding the tadpole sized ones i've seen hidden in a plant.

Have to say though the first time I saw a baby one it must have been atleast 3 weeks old and I hadn't noticed eggs before then + it hasn't just been the last month, it's been more like 1 and a half ( i've only known about it for a month though).

D_C_1

Just curious...how big are your Panda Cory's??

I have 4 in my QT tank right now becasue I'm afraid they would get eaten in my 120 gallon tank. Mine are only about 1/2 inch in size.

I think they are about 1.5-2cm but one of them is slightly smaller than the others. Not exactly sure on the size as they were near the back of the tank when they finally stopped moving so a ruler wasn't the best thing to use.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
  • Question
Replies
Views
Broggy