Seahorse Biocube... HELP

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok so here is the deal, we got a greatr deal on a biocube the otherday and my GF has wanted seahorses forever so I told here that we would put them in the new tank. I know VERY little about seahorsies (lol) so I thought I'd make a post here and ask for info, all I know at this point is that they are slow eaters and should be kept mostly is a same species tank..... other than that any info is appreciated.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Morgan
You might want to pm lorabell. She's had great success with her tank.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey there......if I can help let me know.....what size tank??? The SH do way better in species only tank....they WILL not compete for food thats the biggest issue, there are some things that are compatible with them...ex.....mandarins(as long as u have pods), sexy shrimp,peppermint shrimp, some snails, sandsifter starfish...... filtration can be an issue,also lighting.....(too much flow...not good.....too stong of lights a no-no also)Where would your horses be coming from? Are they tank raised or wild?....sorry for all the questions......Ill help any way I can...I just missed the thread yesterday...Keep me posted

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey there......if I can help let me know.....what size tank??? The SH do way better in species only tank....they WILL not compete for food thats the biggest issue, there are some things that are compatible with them...ex.....mandarins(as long as u have pods), sexy shrimp,peppermint shrimp, some snails, sandsifter starfish...... filtration can be an issue,also lighting.....(too much flow...not good.....too stong of lights a no-no also)Where would your horses be coming from? Are they tank raised or wild?....sorry for all the questions......Ill help any way I can...I just missed the thread yesterday...Keep me posted
I sent you a Pm , but here are some answers

14 gallon Biocube is the tank

lights are about 2.5 watts per gallon

it has the upgraded pump in it but I can try to slow it down some

I think they are tank raised SH but not positive (they are black and between 1 and 1.5 inches)

I think I answered all

Morgan111

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I will, my GF is having second thoughts because I told her that this tank would be her resposibility....

charzar-g

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
1.5 inches?? Black?? They sound like dwarf seahorses to me.. Although they could just be babies.
I think lorabell has covered most of it, but get tank raised if you can

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom