Seachem

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by Kimberly4403, Jul 24, 2015.

1. K

Kimberly4403 Well Known Member Member

Can i used prime and stability together on same day or do i need to wait like with TSS

Sent from my LG-D855 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. BigBoom217

BigBoom217 Valued Member Member

Should probably wait just to be safe since it's basically the same thing. The idea is you want all of the chlorine out of the water to prevent it from killing the product

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hello, stability is a product that aids in establishing your bio filter, Prime is a water conditioner. Please read the info in this link, I'm sure you will find the info you need.

4. OP
    OP
    K

I know what they are and what they do.. Im moving all my fish over to a 240L tank and just thought stability might be good to use incase i kill of any BB in the process of transfering everying sand plants fish etc over to bigger tank

5. F

FishtailBraid Valued Member Member

Hey Kimberley 4403, I'm not sure why moving your filter would kill your BB, as long as it's kept wet at all times. Especially if you're just moving the filter directly from your old tank, to the new tank which is in your same house. I move my betta from home to college every semester and carry his filter media cartridges in a doubled snap-lock bag full of water from his tank, and it has never even led to a mini-cycle! :)

6. Rivieraneo

It's hard to answer your question when it was not in your original post. The link I provided addressed your question if it was ok to use both products together. As noted above, as long as your filter media is left un disturbed during the process, you should experience no issues. Best of luck.

7. OP
    OP
    K

No ill also be cleaning canister and hoses as well.. Sorry if i didnt word it correctly someone just mentioned in another of my posts that it might be good to give a dose of stability especially with addition of new fish

8. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

I wait about an hour after adding prime to add stability, I've never had an issue with doing it this way myself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

9. Rivieraneo

Are you adding more fish into the new tank versus what you already have in the old one? As long as you stok slowly with additional fish, you should be ok. This will give your bacteria a chance to grow, versus be overwhelmed my too much bio load.

10. OP
    OP
    K

Not adding all new fish at once.. I did buy small bottle of stability so hoping now i can use it.. I know most BB is in filter but filter might be off for entire day although will be wet still thats why i thought it might be good idea

11. Bijou88

Imo, adding stably wouldn't be a bad idea just as a precaution. :)

12. F

FishtailBraid Valued Member Member

I'm not sure what type of filter it is, but if you wanted to avoid the filter being off for too long, you could possibly set up the filter and keep it running in a fish-safe bucket during the time that neither of your tanks are able to have it in there. :)

13. OP
    OP
    K

Its a canister filter.. I just wanted to know if ihave to wait 24hrs after using prime before dosing stability or if i can use it straight away

14. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

I only wait about 30 minutes before adding Stability if I recently dosed Prime... cycled many tanks this way and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

15. Bijou88

I wait about an hour personally.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice