Seachem Stability or Tetra Safe Start?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Water' started by RAWRitsEDWIN, Apr 19, 2012.

1. R

RAWRitsEDWIN New Member Member

Which would be best? I like Stability because I like the Seachem Prime product so I'm assuming since they are the same company, it must be a good product as well. But I read all over the internet that TSS is best, but all I find are posts from a year ago or something. Maybe things have changed.

2. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I'm probably one of Fishlore's biggest advocates for Seachem products ;)

But, although I can't get TSS in Australia, the evidence of TSS being the best (if not the only effective bacterial supplement) on the market is undeniable.

There is still a question amongst members and aquarists that Stability may not be the right bacteria (land based vs aquatic).

Here's an old discussion that may interest you: https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/general-discussion/64826-research-results-seachem-stability.html

3. ucdcrew

ucdcrew Valued Member Member

I've used both. I liked TSS better, after I stopped adding the seachem I had a mini-cycle.

4. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

I have a strong opinion about Stability, having used it. My opinion is this: it's garbage. Useless. Do not WASTE a penny on it for it will NOT work.

There. I said it.

(I love Prime).

5. imperess

imperess New Member Member

i used stability worked for me :) but i'll be trying safe start this week in a new tank.. i'll post how it goes.

6. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Glad to see you had success with Stability.

Just an off-topic question - why wouldn't you just seed media from your 55 for your new 20? Just a thought (no need to reply in this thread)

7. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Neither...... I've never used either one nor do I plan on it in this lifetime. I just believe cycling with patience is better for the fish than cycling with a magic potion.

8. ploopy

ploopy Valued Member Member

I have started many tanks with tss{6-7}].Didnt have enough filter media at the time to get them all going.It has not failed me yet.Just make sure you follow directions to the t and if you use prime or another product to wait 24hrs before adding tss.Do not worry what your readings are during the 2 weeks after you put it in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice