Seachem purigen

sirius_21

Yes, not directly I guess it does a little by removing organic matter in water.

i think you can try use seachem denitrate or matrix to control nitrogen. best recommendation is water change based on your current test reading.

LadfromLondon

jtjgg

i started using Purigen b/c i was overstocked with a 29g, but now I have a 75g and using the 29g as a sump tank, I still continue to use it even though the nitrate levels are below 20ppm each week.

i also bought a 5g bucket of Matrix, i have it in a pair of Tidal 110s and have bags of the extras sitting in the sump tank. doesn't seem to help with nitrates.

Dillan Murphy

jtjgg said:
i started using Purigen b/c i was overstocked with a 29g, but now I have a 75g and using the 29g as a sump tank, I still continue to use it even though the nitrate levels are below 20ppm each week.

i also bought a 5g bucket of Matrix, i have it in a pair of Tidal 110s and have bags of the extras sitting in the sump tank. doesn't seem to help with nitrates.
I originally bought purigen to get rid of tannins when it stopped working I bought some more, because it seemed to keep the nirates down. I've had it in the tank for about a week so far with no changes to my nirates but it probably needs more time or my nirates are very high.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom