Seachem Purigen - My before and after report.

1. Evolution Stu Initiate Member

Hi folks,
    Thought this data might be of use to someone.

As anyone whos read my blog will know, my new 360L Aquaoak aquarium is up and running but the volume of bogwood in there has caused the dreaded tea coloured water.

It wasnt terrible by any means, but looking down the tank end to end it annoyed me as thats the end you were faced with as you enter the room.

For filtration I have:

First Fluval 406 with (in order of flow):
    Pre filter of Fluval Foam
    Fluval Bio Foam
    Fluval G-Nodes
    Fluval Biomax
    Fluval polishing pad

Second Fluval 406 with (in order of flow):
    Fluval Bio Foam
    Fluval G-Nodes
    Seachem Matrix
    Fluval polishing pad

Fluval 106 (This powers my UV which needs lower flow)
    Fluval G-Nodes
    Seachem Matrix
    Fluval polishing pad

The water, whilst lovely and clear from head on:

[​IMG]

Looks like this from the end.

[​IMG]

I know its 5foot long so will never look quite like gin, but id like it better. So after some research I decided to take a punt on 2x 100gm pre-bagged packs of Seacem Purigen and put them both into one of the 406s packed as a sandwhich with fluval polishing pads. So I actually added the Purigen and an extra pad after it.

24hrs later.

[​IMG]

The curtains were drawn to keep ambient light the same during each end shot. I am astounded to be honest... The water looks amazing, and we are only 24hrs in! Something that actually works as well as it says on the tin!

Ive got another 2 packets on order for the other 406!

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

That's quite a difference in 24 hours, I don't use it but have heard good things about it & your experience with it seems to backs that up :)

3. Evolution Stu Initiate Member

Thanks for the reply, this stuff has really impressed me. Not sure if I will recharge it when the time comes or throw it away and buy new... I don't fancy the sound of adding a product that's been soaked in bleach to my tank.