Seachem Purigen and Hypersorb

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by 3aquariums, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 3

3aquariums Valued Member Member

Is there any meaningful difference between seachem Purigen and seachem Hypersorb? The Amazon descriptions are somewhat lacking. Thanks.

2. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Purigen:  
    Hypersorb:  

It would appear that Purigen does more than Hypersorb, what is it you're trying to achieve?

3. OP
    OP

I added 4 F Julli cory and 2 rasporas to my 46 gallon and it caused it to get a little cloudy. I was just curious about the two products. I have both in a canister filter

4. kevin215

kevin215 Valued Member Member

I tryed the hypersorb to clear my water that had a slight cloudy haze to it. It didn't clear the water but it is a good product instead of carbon. Make sure you buy the seachem bag for it.

5. ryanr

It sounds like a bacteria bloom from the new additions. What colour is the cloudyness? If it is white, then it is likely bacterial, and will go away when the tank re-cycles. What are your ammonia/nitrite/nitrate readings?

6. OP
    OP

My tanks have a very light white haze. I think you're right about it being a bacteria bloom. The 46 g has some new residents, and the 29 just had a canister filter put on it. I'll wait it out.

7. ryanr

Keep an eye on ammonia/nitrites.

If the tank(s) is/are cycling, or going through a mini cycle, daily doses of Prime may be in order while the colony re-establishes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice