Seachem Pristine

Tankmandan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello Everyone. I am looking for some information on seachem Pristine and the effects it has on a heavily planted tank. Will it remove important nutrients from the substrates? STuff like that. Any information is great. Thanks

Tankmandan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Still wondering what if any our your experiences using this product in planted tanks? thanks

johnbirg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi and welcome to fishlore!
I use pristine at every weekly water change. No ill effects on plants and definitely saves me having to vacuum the gravel. Pristine only has bacteria which work on any accumulated debris in the gravel and convert it into nitrate just like the BB in the filter. You can also use API stress-zyme but I prefer pristine.
IMG_20190812_183936487_HDR.jpg

Grimfeather

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
johnbirg said:
Hi and welcome to fishlore!
I use pristine at every weekly water change. No ill effects on plants and definitely saves me having to vacuum the gravel. Pristine only has bacteria which work on any accumulated debris in the gravel and convert it into nitrate just like the BB in the filter. You can also use API stress-zyme but I prefer pristine.
@johnbirg Quick question, I am wanting to start using Pristine as well but I need to keep my nitrates up, do you notice a significant drop in nitrates when using Pristine?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom