Seachem Prime

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by Musicman88, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Musicman88

Musicman88 New Member Member

Ok guys, so I've been told by numerous people to use this water conditioner as it not only binds ammonia for 48 hours when water changing but also lasts a lot longer due to being concentrated.

I've also read about its "putrid sulphur smell"

Now the smell in the bottle won't really bother me, what I want to know is, will it make my tank water stink?

2. m

mbkemp Valued Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

Nice and simple reply. Thanks :)

4. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

I think I've noticed some smell in the water I add back in, but it goes away after a few minutes. It makes your fingers smell though, even if you don't really touch the liquid :dead:

5. OP
    OP
    Musicman88

A few mins I don't mind. I've just bought 500ml which I think should last a long time :)

6. m

mbkemp Valued Member Member

My wife will notice the smell if she walks in as I am dosing. I tell her it was the dog

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

nop , it only smells within the bottle and even at that isn't as bad as most make it out to be IMO.

8. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

Also, just as a warning, some smell like nothing and some smell awful. It's a toss up which you'll get.

But agreed with above posters; it doesn't make the water stink.

9. RobinWhiskers

RobinWhiskers Valued Member Member

The first couple times I used it I smelled it in my tank water, but I don't anymore. I've kinda gotten used to the smell, but even after I take it out of my drawer just to condition a jug of water a family member could come in 20 minutes later and notice the smell. I'm so immune to it now, haha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice