Seachem Prime Fake Product?

BlackTiger

So I opened my seachem prime bottle I ordered from Amazon and it looks like there's a bunch of black flecks at the bottom of the bottle. Do you guys know what it is? Someone mentioned they contacted the manufacture and they are actually aware of the issue but they don't know what it is either lol. A lot of people been getting the same thing (black flecks) in their prime too. So I'll return mine and get the seachem safe instead. I pulled this image from Amazon for reference. Thanks.

Jojo205

So I opened my seachem prime bottle I ordered from Amazon and it looks like there's a bunch of black flecks at the bottom of the bottle. Do you guys know what it is? Someone mentioned they contacted the manufacture and they are actually aware of the issue but they don't know what it is either lol. A lot of people been getting the same thing (black flecks) in their prime too. So I'll return mine and get the seachem safe instead. I pulled this image from Amazon for reference. Thanks.
Mine has black flecks in it too, I’m not sure what it is but it doesn’t harm the fish as far as i know lol

Upvote 0

Dunk2

Seachem’s website, which says. . .
The presence of small black specks occasionally occurs and is normal.
You must be registered to see images

Seachem - Prime

Upvote 0

Fanatic

This is normal, no need to worry :)

Seachem - Prime
They didn't know and were concerned, so they asked for help.

Upvote 0

BlackTiger

Seachem - Prime
Oh thanks for clearing that up!! I was worried
This is normal, no need to worry :)

They didn't know and were concerned, so they asked for help.
Thank you I opened the bottle and was like very concerned.
Mine has black flecks in it too, I’m not sure what it is but it doesn’t harm the fish as far as i know lol
Glad to know that! I ain't tryna send my baby fish to the backyard haha

Upvote 0

jtjgg

agree with what everyone else said, but the reason why is that sulphur compounds precipitate into black solids.

you can search "sulphur reduction test black precipitate"

the sulphur compounds is also what makes Prime counteract the effects of nitrite poisoning.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Wrona0306
Replies
Views
bizaliz3
Replies
Views
flyinGourami