Seachem neutral regulator cause algae?

Logansmith

Would this cause excess algae since it involves phosphate buffering?

carsonsgjs

According to seachem it potentially could (they don’t rule it out on their website), but there are other factors that contribute to algae growth besides phosphates such as excessive lighting, nitrates etc.

Logansmith

According to seachem it potentially could (they don’t rule it out on their website), but there are other factors that contribute to algae growth besides phosphates such as excessive lighting, nitrates etc.
What would you use to increase a 6.5 ph to 7.0?

carsonsgjs

What would you use to increase a 6.5 ph to 7.0?
That depends on a few things:

Why do you want to increase the ph?
What fish do you keep?
What is your tap water ph?
Do you know your gh and kh?

A lot of people use a bag of crushed coral in the filter which slowly breaks down and increases gh, kh and therefore ph. But depending on the answers to the questions above that may or may not be necessary.

Logansmith

That depends on a few things:

Why do you want to increase the ph?
What fish do you keep?
What is your tap water ph?
Do you know your gh and kh?

A lot of people use a bag of crushed coral in the filter which slowly breaks down and increases gh, kh and therefore ph. But depending on the answers to the questions above that may or may not be necessary.
I just keep standard community fish and they’ve been fine but everyone else keep their fish at neutral ph.

carsonsgjs

I just keep standard community fish and they’ve been fine but everyone else keep their fish at neutral ph.
If they are fine, then I don’t see a compelling reason to change anything with the water chemistry. It would be helpful to know what species you have though.

Most tanks don’t sit at exactly 7 ph - they vary widely from what I have seen. Some lower than yours, and others much higher.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mudminnow
  • ballpointftw
  • Algae
Replies
Views
ballpointftw
  • SLeroux
  • Algae
Replies