Seachem KanaPlex

Sarah86
Hi, just a quick question please. I have bought some Seachem Stress Guard & KanaPlex online. They have been delivered today but I’m not happy with the condition of them... the Stress Guard seal on the inside has broken & it’s leaking out. Also the KanaPlex looks around a third full with powder & there’s no internal seal at all.
So I know the SG isn’t right & I’m going to email the company for a replacement. I was just wondering if this is normal for KanaPlex? I’ve never bought it before so not sure if it should be sealed or not?
Fortunately I don’t need to use either of them at the moment & I’ve just bought them to put into my emergency store!
Thanks in advance
Sarah x

Advertisement
JenC
The Kanaplex tubes I've received have been mostly empty, so I think that's normal. There's no inner seal as the stick/spoon juts down into the tube. (Such an odd way they package it!)

Advertisement
Sarah86
That’s great thank you! Just wanted reassurance that it hadn’t been tampered with. Yeh it is a bit odd considering a lot of their other products are foil sealed. Just need to complain about the SG then...

AvalancheDave
StressGuard has glutaraldehyde in it and is the last thing you want to put in your tank.

Sarah86
StressGuard has glutaraldehyde in it and is the last thing you want to put in your tank.

Sorry can you explain why this is the case? I have been advised to use StressGuard many times by experienced aquarists

AvalancheDave
Sorry can you explain why this is the case? I have been advised to use StressGuard many times by experienced aquarists

Glutaraldehyde has been used as a fish poison, caused deaths, fin rot, dropsy, red gills, etc.

It's the last thing fish that are "stressed out" need.

Sarah86
Glutaraldehyde has been used as a fish poison, caused deaths, fin rot, dropsy, red gills, etc.

It's the last thing fish that are "stressed out" need.
That's pretty scary... how come Seachem get away with selling these products then?! I always thought they were a reputable company!

AvalancheDave
That's pretty scary... how come Seachem get away with selling these products then?! I always thought they were a reputable company!

Fish die and often people don't put two and two together. Though there are people who have noted that "random" deaths, red gills, and dropsy corresponded with use of Excel.

Seachem's reputation is a product of their marketing. Their products are good because they say they are and people parrot their marketing.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
pickle123
Replies
Views
Skavatar
Replies
Views
Artemis_wen
Replies
Views