Seachem flourish tabs don’t seem to be doing much

Ssnaaiil

For about 1.5-2 years I was using thrive caps for root tabs and then I decided to try seachem flourish tabs because I’ve read they work well… well not so much in my experience… my plants don’t grow as fast and seem to have their old leaves dying more often. The seachem tabs don’t seem to work well in my tank compared to the thrive caps… anyone else experienced this??

StarGirl

Yes..... my plants did much better once I switched to Thrive tabs.

kansas

My guru tells me that Seachem ferts are difficult to use, you have to use several. I also use Thrive.

ProudPapa

For about 1.5-2 years I was using thrive caps for root tabs and then I decided to try seachem flourish tabs because I’ve read they work well… well not so much in my experience… my plants don’t grow as fast and seem to have their old leaves dying more often. The seachem tabs don’t seem to work well in my tank compared to the thrive caps… anyone else experienced this??

Compare the percentages of the ingredients and you will understand why.

Ssnaaiil

Anyone have tips to help keep the thrive caps under gravel/sand better? They are so buoyant

StarGirl

Anyone have tips to help keep the thrive caps under gravel/sand better? They are so buoyant
I just use a tweezer and screw them in. They have not popped back up on me yet.

ProudPapa

I have occasionally taken a razor blade and cut a slit in one end. Be careful. You don't want to get blood on it.

FishDin

Seachem root tabs are mainly micro nutrients just like seachem flourish liquid. The tabs do have a tiny bit of macros, but not much.

In fairness to Seachem, the packaged label says, "Micro Elements, Trace Elements and Other Nutrients."

They do say that the liquid is a comprehensive fertilizer but read the label and you will see that it is not.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rye3434
Replies
Views
Slacker
  • Question
Replies
Views
Frisbee
  • Question