Seachem Flourish Root Tabs Safe For Red Cherry Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Kat11, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Kat11

Kat11Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +34
    Experience:
    Just started
    I know copper is lethal to inverts, and I noticed there is a very very small amount of copper in the root tabs (0.001%). Can I still use them, and if so, how may can be used safely in a 10g? I've got 6 rcs. Thanks!

2. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +1,146
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hi, I've been using Flourish Root Tabs for years with no adverse effects on RCS population (that I can tell). My shrimp are thriving. If you have root feeding plants, then I'd have no issue.
    It's more medications high in copper that can be a concern. Shrimp feed off the biofilms of plants, so if plants are healthy, then I don't see a problem with using root tabs.

3. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +2,473
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Tests shown that shrimp need a certain amount of copper to survive, firstly copper carries oxygen around the blood in shrimp its also been proven it aids moulting and is needed for the reproductive process in shrimp 0.001 is way below the leather dose and @ryanr as proved it by using root tabs with it in