Seachem Dosage Amounts To Cycle Tank

Convictlover

Seachem Prime, Stability and Pristine.
How much should I use to cycle a 60L tank that’s currently not cycled with fish in it?

According to my calculations to cycle my 60L tank:
Stability - 7.25ml per 60L first day, then 3.5ml per 60 L daily for 7 days.
Pristine - 7.5ml per 60L one off.
Prime - 0.625ml per 10L new water added (3.75ml per 60L).

Once the tank is cycled then use the following each time I do a water change:

Stability - 0.625ml per 10L
Pristine - 0.625ml per 10L
Prime - 0.625 ml per 10L (double dose).

If by accident I overdose on any of these will it harm my fish?

StarGirl

You do not need the Pristine unless your water is cloudy or something.

The Prime and Stability you will need for the cycle. You will also need a source of ammonia to feed the bacteria in the Stability since it is fishless. You can use fish flakes or pure ammonia no additives.

After you are cycled you wont need the Stability unless you clean the filter or something like that.

Flyfisha

As I read your post Convictlover you are doing a “fish in cycle “? With fish in the tank do not add any more ammonia as the fish are giving the tank enough already.
While I have never had an overdose of Prime you should be aware that an overdose at 30 degrees centigrade is just a double dose no more is needed to put your fish at risk. Prime attaches to oxygen when no chlorine is available. Adding an air stone is highly recommended. But as you live in a hot climate you will likely already be using one 24/7 ? I suggest you should have an air stone or air driven sponge filter all year round anyway.
( edit
hot weather also depletes oxygen)

My personally opinion is the bacteria that grow in our tanks are free and there is no need to use bottled snake oil. As you have some go ahead and finish the bottle. You may decide not to buy anymore? ( stability) It may help in an uncycled tank short term?

Pristine
Not a product I have used.
I doubt it will help you or the fish in a tank you trying to cycle.

hypodermic syringes are available for almost nothing in the southern states. Well worth the 20 cents to measure accurately.
Big bottles of Prime are cheapest and you should never run out . In these times of lockdown having a spare bottle is my suggestion.

StarGirl

As I read your post Convictlover you are doing a “fish in cycle “? With fish in the tank do not add any more ammonia as the fish are giving the tank enough already.
Thanks I read that totally wrong ;)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Azedenkae
Replies
Views
Plantedtank2021
Replies
Views
angsess78
Replies