Sea Salt Mixes

zeeter

I've asked this question before, but let me ask it in a different way.

If you do not add anything to your salt mixes (trace elements, etc...) what is the your favorite salt mix? Or if you do add a few elements what salt do you use and what elements do you supplement it with?

I'm looking at neomarine and don't want to spend $55 on something that isn't any better than the $35 stuff I'm buying now. Currently I use Coral Life.

new_sw_gurl

I must confess...I purchase all of my water (both fresh and salt) at the LFS. I don't even know what they use for salt mix. Sort of embarassing!!

PhishHead

I use the red sea its great for my fish and corals

harpua2002

Red Sea was awful for my tank. It caused all kinds of cyano issues and my corals looked terrible. I didn't really care for Coralife salt either. I switched to Seachem Reef salt, then to Aquavitro Salinity and both of those are really worth the money IMO. I don't dose anything in my tank and my corals all look great.

zeeter

I started the neovit system and part of that is the neomarine salt mix. I'll let everyone know how things go with it.

ibiaquariums

Ive tried a fair few... 'tropic marine' was what I cycled with didnt know too much about the hooby back then (9months ago) I know far more now... I don't have a bad word for that brand thoe... apart from it was expensive to others. But I'm like that when I shop, I don't do things by half, I believe their are reasons why certain rbands are more then others. definatley.

I'm currently using coral pro.... as its very good trace element content. I then dose idodide every 2days for my anemone and chillated magnese iron for my macro and algae, and liquid calcium if the calcium check comes up low. I don't have any corals at the minute just snails and hermits, so I assuming they not rinsing out the calcium much really.

Red sea was good I found also thoe... and very reasonable in terms of amount for the price.

To be honest ive not really noticed much of a change in my tank thoughout my 9months of changing salts.. ive lost a couple snails and a 2 fishys... but whos to say it was the salt. That's was also only 2 months in of start this hobby! Now I'm 9months in, maxed out 40 gal tank and goin strong!!!

Goood luck!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishproblem
Replies
Views
ryanr
Replies
Views
Oil_Fan
Replies