Scratches on the silicon. Buy or not buy?

KBil

New Member
Member
Messages
14
Reaction score
10
I am looking at this used tank but the seller has mentioned there are few scratches on the silicon between front and the side glass panels. I have attached pics.

It's a 225L rimless tank of 90x50x50cm size.

Can this be problematic in future or won't affect the lifetime of the tank? Thanks.
 

Attachments

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
10,055
Reaction score
10,009
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
3 years
If it’s a good deal on the tank. You could get it and scrape all the silicone off and reseal it. Just look into the right kind of silicone and check out YouTube for videos on how to go about it.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
K

KBil

New Member
Member
Messages
14
Reaction score
10
kallililly1973 said:
If it’s a good deal on the tank. You could get it and scrape all the silicone off and reseal it. Just look into the right kind of silicone and check out YouTube for videos on how to go about it.
Would it be unsafe to use without re sealing tho? What are the potential issues if I just use it as is. Seller says he is been using it like this for over a year now with no issues.
 

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
10,055
Reaction score
10,009
Location
Rhode Island USA
Experience
3 years
KBil said:
Would it be unsafe to use without re sealing tho? What are the potential issues if I just use it as is. Seller says he is been using it like this for over a year now with no issues.
I wouldn’t wanna answer yes or no. Anything can fail at anytime. Like I said if you see it as a good deal. Set it up outside and fill it and watch it for a few days.
 

ghostdawg

Active Member
Member
Messages
453
Reaction score
437
Location
US of A
Experience
1 year
kallililly1973 said:
I wouldn’t wanna answer yes or no. Anything can fail at anytime. Like I said if you see it as a good deal. Set it up outside and fill it and watch it for a few days.
What he said...
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
196
Guests online
3,045
Total visitors
3,241

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom