Scott's 20 gallon long Planted Tank

DaScotty

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi!

Well, if you saw my 75g thread, I'm tearing down my 29g. it was getting quite old and out of shape. I have a 20g long I had been using as a quarantine tank for some fish I got a few months ago, but am now turning it in to a regular tank. Don't worry, I still have a 10g as a QT for now!!

I have taken all the plants and rocks out of the 29g, cleaned them up, brushing off algae with an old toothbrush. I had a nice piece of spider-like wood that was sitting around so moved it to the 20. The substrate is, I think a mix of Flora Max or Eco-Complete, as well as some random stuff I had sitting around in a bucket for a long time from my original 10g many years ago. Anyone think I need to add some root tabs for these plants? Not sure, since I am not 100% sure of the substrate mix.

The fish going in there are a few Rosy Barbs and some dwarf rainbowfish. I had the AC70 stuffed with media on the 29g, so took that out and put it in the 2 AquaClears, a 20 & 50. I don't think I need the power of the AC70 on this so it'll just go in storage for now.

I do have a plan for what I would like to do with the 29g at some point in the near future. I'll post that soon.

Here's the 20g long.

IMG_5780.jpeg

-Scott

tuggerlake26

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looking good! Not sure on the substrate question, but I've always used root tabs with swordplants regardless of what substrate I'm using. (From what I can tell, looks like that's what's in the back and corner right).

OP
DaScotty

DaScotty

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here's some better pics! I've been finding I really like the long type of tank.
IMG_5781.jpeg
IMG_5782.jpeg
IMG_5783.jpeg

New Threads