Schooling fish with Angels

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by kentuckycolt, Jul 20, 2015.

1. kentuckycoltNew MemberMember

Hey guys! My husband and I are upgrading our 20gal to a 55gal after our heater got stuck on and killed all but two platies. Right now we're in research stage of possible fish (we don't even have a tank right now haha). We know we want a couple of angelfish, as well as hatchetfish, pearl gourami, rainbow cichlids. My husband wants a fish that schools and can be with angelfish. I've seen the posts on tetras/barbs/ect, but was wondering if there was any I might be missing on looking at?

2. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

Look into Boesemani Rainbowfish, they are schooling fish that grow up to 4-5".

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Schooling fish are fine with angelfish, I had black neons and green neons with mine. lots of color and action while still being too big for the angels to eat.

Unless you have a top the Hatchet fish are likely to wind up on the floor as they love to swim back and forth in a long tank and are prone to come out of the water..

I'm afraid the Gourami and angelfish might pick at each other.

Let us know what you decide and pictures would be welcome when you have it set up.

Carol

4. slayer5590

slayer5590Well Known MemberMember

You could go with one of my all time favorites bleeding heart tetras.

5. BDpups

BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

6. Mrsoctober

MrsoctoberValued MemberMember

I second the rummy nose tetras.

7. thefishdude277

thefishdude277Well Known MemberMember

Rosy tetras, lemon tetras, and emperor tetras
    If you want something interesting, try x Ray tetras

:)

8. OP
    OP
    k

kentuckycoltNew MemberMember

Awesome, thanks for all the suggestions!

9. tameoneValued MemberMember

My angel doesn't bother my cardinal tetras, but the angel isn't full grown yet. I also have cherry barbs in there, but they're less of a 'schooling fish' than tetras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice