Schooling Fish With And Angel?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by ASHLEY R COOK, Apr 10, 2018.

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOKWell Known MemberMember

While my tank is still cycling I've been throwing around stocking ideas. Right now I'm looking into angels. My other stocking ideas where 6 julii cories and 10 rummy tetras.
    I didn't know how one angel would be with this stocking.
    The tanks footprint is 30x 12.4x 22in. 20180405_174249.jpg

2. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

Diamond or Candy Cane tetras.

3. varmintWell Known MemberMember

If you go with the angel, I would suggest Cardinal tetras and Sterbai cories, for temp compatibility. Hope this helps.

4. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

I'd go with pencilfish, they dont school like rummies and have a loose shoal, but they full of personality and not like other 'tetras'. Males will display to eachother and form little territories, and when displaying will turn vivid in colouration and flash eachother. Its rather comical!

5. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

Should I just get 2 angelfish instead of a school of fish? Like 2 angels and 6 cories? I also see gourami are good tank mates. Is that bc they look so different? The schooling fish would look nice too but I'm throwing around ideas since I have another two- four weeks for cycling probably.

6. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

I also read that mollies are good tank mates but aren't they brackish? Or can they do well in freshwater?

7. aussieJJDude

aussieJJDudeWell Known MemberMember

Im an advocate for keeping mollies in brackish, they do a lot better in it and their health is top priority IMO.

As for having a pair of angels, consider growing up a school of 6 and then once they pair off, keep one and rehome the others.

As for gouramis, they can work.... sometimes they dont. I would suggest pearls, snakeskins or moonlights since they least likely to cause problems.

8. Mcasella

McasellaFishlore VIPMember

You have a "37" gallon, which with a pair of angels is going to be very cramped for any other fish you have, do just one angel with a schooling species (8) (thicker bodied unless the angel is a gentle personality and grows up with them, more aggressive personalities will likely see any thinner bodied tetras as food), and a bottom dweller or shoal of cories (6).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice