School

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
School starts tomorrow. My time on here will once again be limited because of homework and all that nonsense.

I really dislike school....

Cory

Chief_waterchanger

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I know you will laugh and say 'whatever', but there will probably come a day that you miss it and wish you had it as 'easy' as it was for you back during your highschool/junior high days.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know what you mean. I despise school...hate it actually. Hate is a strong word, but school is part of the reason i joined the Marine Corps lol.

It sucks to know its that time again. I'll be going back for the first time in almost 2 years in a couple of weeks.

Ya know, i don't miss HS at all. College feels better, much more freedom. No take home homework, written homework. Just study and do papers.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
One of my daughters is in college and working, she already wishes she was back in her more care free days lol.
She tells her younger sister to enjoy herself in school cause work stinks!

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
haha. I don't mind school itself. Its just the homework they give us is ridiculous and dress code...... I like the kind of homework Matt has - essays and studying.

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know you will laugh and say 'whatever', but there will probably come a day that you miss it and wish you had it as 'easy' as it was for you back during your highschool/junior high days.
I always used to scoff when someone said something like that to me, but now that I've hit the ripe old age of late-20s, I agree

I don't miss high school itself, but I miss the lack of responsibilities I had back then compared to now.

tanker83

Valued Member
Reaction score
wow. i wish i was back in school .... firstly because it was such a bludge... and secondly because now they have a REALLY HOT P.E teacher!

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When I left high school and I started college, I figured that it wasnt school what I hated. I hated HIGH school. It is serioulsy nonsense that I was senior class president and top 10 in my graduating class... and when I went to college I didnt know anything. I had litterally spent 4 years of my life, hating the people I went to school with, hating to wake up early and wear uniform every single day, but I kept it up and I remained as an "example" of a top student until I left. I thought that it had been worth it, the ap classes and all of the above... but no, when I got to college I figured that I wasnt even nearly prepared with all that...

I really enjoy college. I am fianlly really learning, + it is awesome to be able to go to class to learn what interests you, at whatever time you want and have most of the rest of the day free... (and I am not into the "college life" thing just to clarify. Just look at school as a four-year passport to a real education (and a better life)...Also the lack of responsibilities afore mentioned (although I dont mind them now). from that point of view, it is worth it.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
haha. I don't mind school itself. Its just the homework they give us is ridiculous and dress code...... I like the kind of homework Matt has - essays and studying.
I understand the homework aspect of this entirely (I didn't have a dress code). I hated having to do all of the write-out-all-of-your work homework. I knew what I was doing, and just couldn't bring myself to have to explain it to the teacher.

tanker83

Valued Member
Reaction score
this is bringing back memories. I also hated being told what to do CONSTANTLY by teachers who don't always know whats best for you. I was forever having debates and arguments with teachers for speaking up when I dont agree with a certain point which under normal circumstances they would encourage but apparently they dont like it when you dasagree with THEM. its like... "your entitled to your opinion ... just as long as it doesn't conflict with mine."

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
College will feel better after you graduate HS, but still the first year or two is all core classes and it sucks. Once you get into your major, its much better because you are doing what YOU want to do, not what the school system wants. Your major classes are so much more interesting. I can't wait to finish, be done with it forever.

I never had a dress code either, man that sucks.

Alessa

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
as I already mentioned... I did too. I never wore white shirts again (and I am serious anbout it).

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just to give you some incentive to get to this point Cory....my school schedule right now goes as followed:

Criminal Law - Tuesday/Thursday 8am-9:25am
Correctional Systems - Tuesday/Thursday 11:10AM - 12:35PM
Criminal Evidence - Tuesday/Thursday 12:45PM - 02:10PM
Criminology - Online

So basically, i go to school 2 days a week. Have Mondays, Weds, and Fridays off.

ninilie

Valued Member
Reaction score
I decided to take an online college class this semester after being out of high school since 93. Im working full time and have two kids one of which is 4 so it will be a challenge. I wish i had gone to college out of HS but i chose the Army for 8 years. But when people say you have to go to school they are not lying. You can make so much more money. Now my current job pretty much requires a degree to advance so i better get started.

I keep telling my 13 year old he has no chose but to go to college after high school at any cost lol. Someone has to do it the right way in my family lol.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wish i had gone to college out of HS but i chose the Army for 8 years.
I was thinking the same, do some military time and its all good. Well here i am back in school, might as well.....its on their bill now.

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bet he gets out earlier though, which is how i liked it back in the day.

Coryd55

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
By dress code I mean shirts tucked in, no short shorts/short skirts for girls, etc. Its not a uniform.

We get out on May 23.

Oh and I hate to be hypocritical but today was actually decent at school. I have good teachers except my French 2 teacher, she is psycho. Its also great to call kids stupid freshman instead of being called a stupid freshman. I hope I didn't look as clueless as all the freshies this year.

I have Zoology 4th block which is a good class because its something I'm interested in. I already read the fish chapter haha, I'm not sure why. I plan on taking AP Biology and Biology 2 next year. So those should be fun as well. Since its something I like.

I was talking to some kids today that were taking AP Language and US History(Advanced Placement, for those who don't know - you get the choice to enter an AP class if you had an 88+ in the previous course of the same subject) and they seemed to think that since I didn't take AP lang and APUSH that I wouldn't get into college or something of that nature and they couldn't grasp the concept that first of all a college will not base whether I get in on my sophmore language and historu class and that if I don't enjoy something or want to further my knowledge in it that I am not going to take it - thats why I am going to take 2 extra science classes next year. But when I have a job that I like and am enjoying life because I didn't pick my classes just because they are AP, they will be doing something they hate and it will make my day. Also when they have a projects and homework every night I can go have fun =) (The APUSH teacher already assigned a project on the first day of school =) )

But that is my long and rambling post for the day

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
as a parent, IM SO HAPPY SCHOOLS IN ;D hahhah

I wish you all well !

im interested in doing some online classes for something...just because life is slow when all the kids grow up and your baby is 13...but im always leary about being scammed with online stuff..any good recomendations for honest online learning? I do have a job that pays well, so time to go daily isnt there.. sorry for the hack cory

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom