School of zebra Danios always hiding

1. dennisbro Member Member

When I just got my Danios they were reallyactive for about a month or so, but now they always hang out behind and near my a decoration I have. I was wondering if they could be waiting for one of my Danios to lay eggs so they could eat them or what. They do come out to eat. But they don't go all around like they used to. Is this a problem? All water parameters are fine.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Lchi87 Well Known Member Member

That's definitely strange since all the danios I've ever had were very active and inquisitive.

How many are there? What size tank? Anybody else in there with them?

3. dennisbro Member Member

6 of them and I have a 20 gallon tank.
    I mean they do come out explore but they stay nears the bottom and almost never go up top.

4. Lchi87 Well Known Member Member

It's just weird because my danios have always been all over the place. Do they look stressed at all? (clamped fins, lack of color, etc)

5. dennisbro Member Member

Not really they look normal, just they prefer to stay low near and under the rock cave. Also I just noticed there's more like 4-5 pregnant and maybe the pregnant ones stay there and the rest do to since their schooling fish.

6. Lchi87 Well Known Member Member

I'd just keep an eye on them for now, if your water parameters are fine and they don't look sick then hopefully all is good.

7. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

It could be an early sign of a disease, just be sure to monitor them. Keep up with your water changes and don't overfeed. Check the PH, ammonia and nitrate levels. The zebra danios will not eat the fry, but if you have any other fish in the tank, they might want a nip at the fry, depending on what type of fish they are.

Your tank looks pretty clean, good job!

Wishing the best for you and your fishies!

8. dennisbro Member Member

Thanks, I do water changes every Saturday so yeah I have had no deaths at all yet and from 1 snail that I accidently got from a plant I bought has now made over 10 snails. I hope it's not disease but I will watch and update if anything happens. To add, they have been like this for a while so if it's a disease it would've been shown by now wouldn't they?

9. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

You're right about the disease, but how big of water changes are you doing?

10. dennisbro Member Member

About 30% every saturday

11. fisharegreat8962 Member Member

There's nothing going on that I can tell, maybe they just like to hang out there and we're all stressing over nothing :D

I'd just monitor them and be sure there's no unusual activity. If there is, let us know! :D

Wishing the best for you and your fishies!

12. dennisbro Member Member

Yeah ill monitor and tell of any changes