School has finished!!! - Summer Holidays.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It was my last day at school today before the summer Holidays. Hooray!! We had a half day, and now I can do what I want and relax for 6-7 weeks before going back in september. I can spend more time with my fish now too.       ;D  8)

Ok, now for some questions.

1)    I'm going away for 2 days this week. I'm guesing my fish should be OK without food for a couple of days?

2)   One of my Corries has got finrot, or his fins have been nipped by one of the others or something. I am treating him with Melafix. Will it hurt him if I miss a day of treatment?

3)   From the 5th until the 12th of August I'm going away. How can I feed my fish when I'm not there? I have checked with my neighbours to see if they could come over once a day to feed them but they are going away at the same time, and all my relatives live far away. What can I do?

Thanks.

Gwenz ;D

Manicivy

Valued Member
Reaction score
1) the fish should be fine for 2 days
3) I've used the commercial "vacation feeder" (the block in cute shapes that release flakes over time) when I've gone away for a week or so and noone could feed my fish. I never had any problems with them.
(I'll leave question #2 to someone who knows more)

Enjoy your summer vacation!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've seen these in my lfs. I have read though that they are not very good. :-\ ???

I think my only choice is to get one though, so thank for the advice.

Gwenz

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They can go 7 days without food, it's not ideal but at least they won't be overfed or anything.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes I've heard that. But I don't like the idea of leaving them for a whole week without food. I seem to have bad experiences with just leaving some of fish for 1 night. I went away last night and came back this morning to find that one of my corries has died. :'( Although I think he might have been ill before I went. :-\

Thanks I'll see what other people think I should do and see who aggres what is best for me to do.

Gwenz

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Your fish should be fine for a week without being fed. I've done it before and came home to crystal clean tanks. I don't like those vacation blocks. I have read a lot that they only pollute the tank

You really don't have a choice on the melafix, because you won't be there. You may have to start over to day 1 if the fins don't get better once you return.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
OK thanks Gunnie. Unfortunately my cory died, so it doesn't matter about the Melafix now. :'(

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My mum is going to ask her firend who lives in Cardiff (It's a bit of a dirve but never mind) if she will come and feed my fish while we are away. She likes animals, although she doesn't have any herself, I don't think she'll mind, as she's always complaining she has nothing to do.

Obviously she won't come over everyday, but what is the best way of showing her how much to feed the fish? I don't want her to overfeed them. :-\

Thanks

Gwenz

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
im glad 2 b off skool but i hav 2 go bak in like 5 weeks now it'll fly in!! hav 2 get my AS_level results on the 17th August not lookin 4ward 2 that at all!! lol

C W

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Craig, Good Luck. You'll be fine! My sister did her AS levels last year and did her A levels this year. My sister has to get her results on 17th too. last year my sister thought she did rubbish but did alright, and I'm sure you will too.
I go back to school on September 6th.

Any ideas how to tell my mums friend how much to feed my fish when she comes while I'm on holiday?

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom