Scavenger fish

Alee C.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone, I used to own a Pleco and he would always eat any uneaten food in my tank, it was awesome. Unfortunately he became aggressive and would go after my fish, so I rehomed him. Anyway, I feed fish flakes to my fish(silver dollar tetras, congo tetra, blood parrot), and shrimp pellets to my ACFs. Unfortunately the shrimp pellets sink to the bottom and break apart so my frogs can only eat so much and they are unable to eat the particles because they eat by shoving food in their mouths with their hands so the small paticles stay on the bottom of my tank, getting moldy.

So I'm wondering which kinds of fish are scavengers that would eat off the bottom, I would need them idealy to be 4inches or bigger, and no Plecos.

Thanx.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could try an Siamese Algae Eater, they eat everything. But first I think you should bring the congo tetras up to at least five. There schooling fish and should never be single.

Alee C.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You could try an Siamese Algae Eater, they eat everything. But first I think you should bring the congo tetras up to at least five. There schooling fish and should never be single.
I didn't purchase the congo tetra. Because of my ACFs I need bigger fish, ones that can't fit in their mouths. So the fish I get usually grow to be 6inches. One day I went to a pet shop(closest one to me, 2 hours away), and purchased 2 striped peacock eels, when I was on the way home I noticed a small fish in the bag. Upon doing research I learned that he is a Congo tetra. I would rather not purchase more as I'm scared my frogs would only eat them and I do not want to let my frogs eat other live fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom