Scary test readings

Takingtulips

Okay so all of my fish are accounted for and all acting completely normal. I tested my water after losing one platy just in case, and my ammonia levels are off the charts the darkest green possible (8ppm) so I did a huge water change and treated with a little extra prime and tested again. Since I changed a little over 50% of the water I was expecting a lighter green from my liquid test kit. No such luck it was still reading as the darkest green. I tested my tap water and it was fairly dark as well although more like 2ppm rather than 8ppm. Is my test kit reading false ammonia??? Do I need to buy bottled water for my tank??? Has anyone else run into issues like this????

AggressiveAquatics

Takingtulips said:
Okay so all of my fish are accounted for and all acting completely normal. I tested my water after losing one platy just in case, and my ammonia levels are off the charts the darkest green possible (8ppm) so I did a huge water change and treated with a little extra prime and tested again. Since I changed a little over 50% of the water I was expecting a lighter green from my liquid test kit. No such luck it was still reading as the darkest green. I tested my tap water and it was fairly dark as well although more like 2ppm rather than 8ppm. Is my test kit reading false ammonia??? Do I need to buy bottled water for my tank??? Has anyone else run into issues like this????
Test water from a bottle of water. If it’s still green your test kit is faulty. And I think it is because one platy death should not have caused 8ppm ammonia

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom