Scarlet Badis Stocking:

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by DarioDario1999, May 12, 2019.

1. DarioDario1999

DarioDario1999New MemberMember

Hey Fishlore,
    I have an empty 10 gallon but have no room to set it up, it has been an idea of mine for a long time to keep Scarlet Badis. I have seen many people keep this fish in 2.5 gallon tanks, and i was wondering if 2-3 Badis could suffice in a 2.65 gallon (Marina 360)
    Any help is appreciated,
    Harvey

2. Cap2284

Cap2284New MemberMember

you could keep them in a 2.65g tank but they wont be very "happy" recommended is 1 gallon per inch minimum but since scarlet Badis need vegetation and hides this means if you add these to a 2.65 they will have much less than 1 gallon per fish

3. OP
    OP
    DarioDario1999

DarioDario1999New MemberMember

Taking this into account, each Badis grows to a max of 0.79 inches. 0.79 x 3 = 2.35 therefore 3 scarlet badis may fit in a 2.65 aquarium

4. Kiks

KiksWell Known MemberMember

I wouldn't use the one inch of fish per gallon rule, it's not accurate and there are a bunch of things to consider that it just doesn't take into account.

From a quick search on the internet a bunch of sites suggest 5 - 6 gallons as the minimum while there are also some that suggest 10, one even said 20 gallons. 2.65 gallons is definitely too small.