Scarlet Badis Stocking:

DarioDario1999

Reaction score
Hey Fishlore,
I have an empty 10 gallon but have no room to set it up, it has been an idea of mine for a long time to keep Scarlet Badis. I have seen many people keep this fish in 2.5 gallon tanks, and I was wondering if 2-3 Badis could suffice in a 2.65 gallon (Marina 360)
Any help is appreciated,
Harvey

Cap2284

Reaction score
you could keep them in a 2.65g tank but they won't be very "happy" recommended is 1 gallon per inch minimum but since scarlet Badis need vegetation and hides this means if you add these to a 2.65 they will have much less than 1 gallon per fish

OP
D

DarioDario1999

Reaction score
Cap2284 said:
you could keep them in a 2.65g tank but they won't be very "happy" recommended is 1 gallon per inch minimum but since scarlet Badis need vegetation and hides this means if you add these to a 2.65 they will have much less than 1 gallon per fish
Taking this into account, each Badis grows to a max of 0.79 inches. 0.79 x 3 = 2.35 therefore 3 scarlet badis may fit in a 2.65 aquarium

Kiks

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
DarioDario1999 said:
Taking this into account, each Badis grows to a max of 0.79 inches. 0.79 x 3 = 2.35 therefore 3 scarlet badis may fit in a 2.65 aquarium
I wouldn't use the one inch of fish per gallon rule, it's not accurate and there are a bunch of things to consider that it just doesn't take into account.

From a quick search on the internet a bunch of sites suggest 5 - 6 gallons as the minimum while there are also some that suggest 10, one even said 20 gallons. 2.65 gallons is definitely too small.

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom