Scarlet Badis, name me!

RelaxingBettas

He was actually out of the shadows when dawn came for once, and now that both little males have their own space, how they've colored up! I totally get the 'scarlet jewels' thing now.
The subordinate one is getting colorful now too, that he's not being incessantly bullied (in a scarlet badis tank, there is no safe space- as my decimated cherry shrimp learned), as I hoped and predicted, but even the dominant one, now spared the need to be a jerk, is glowing up.
I guess after all the hand-wringing of realizing I was in over my head- a relative beginner with scarlet badis babies I could barely see-! and focusing on keeping them alive, enough months have passed I can exhale and name the little savages, lol. If his bro comes out long enough I'll post him here too. (And when my son's birthday camera is out of the box, better pictures of this guy, too.)
I like the name to really suit them, and he comes from Bengal, so sell me one, please, I usually have no lack of imagination, but have drawn a proper blank, after fussing over little No Name A and B for half a year. !

Eliza4310

Hmmm, I usually do fun names that I'll remember or give my tank a theme. I have a Princess Bride theme one, the cardinals are the screeching eels, the lone cory is Buttercup, the now-deceased molly was Fezik the Giant, and the betta went against the theme, being named Sir/Mr. Wiggles, short for Wigglebutt. Do you have a certain theme you want them to go with? If not, my suggestion is Fred and George, but I'm also an HP geek so it is what it is, lol.

RelaxingBettas

I never know until it hits me and they seem to like it, it took my cat weeks to decide she liked her name (while I kept trying on cutesy ones *I* liked that she completely ignored, lol- it took a Hispanic friend to look at my Florida cat (whose ancestors probably came on a Spanish galleon 400 years ago and have been half feral since lol) and give her a Spanish name of which she approves.
The theme may be Jungle Book, I always did love Kipling, and he is an Indian fish- does he seem like a Shere Khan to you? The little stripes!
Tsutey said:
I never know until it hits me and they seem to like it, it took my cat weeks to decide she liked her name (while I kept trying on cutesy ones *I* liked that she completely ignored, lol- it took a Hispanic friend to look at my Florida cat (whose ancestors probably came on a Spanish galleon 400 years ago and have been half feral since lol) and give her a Spanish name of which she approves.
The theme may be Jungle Book, I always did love Kipling, and he is an Indian fish- does he seem like a Shere Khan to you? The little stripes!
And I love those names! Buttercup is perfect for a cory, I am going to have to think of a herd name, lol. Thank you for getting me thinking!

SixThreeOh

Dario and dario.

RelaxingBettas

Tsutey said:

And I love those names! Buttercup is perfect for a cory, I am going to have to think of a herd name. Thank you for getting me thinking!
(Maybe I'll call his brother Mowgli, he certainly persecuted him enough lol)
SixThreeOh said:
Dario and dario.
The Dario Brothers

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom