Scarlet Badis minimum tank size? - Stocking advice for a 14 Litre Ciano Diamond tank

ThiccBeluga

I'm fairly new to the hobby and intended on starting out with 5 cherry shrimp, but I've absolutely fallen in love with scarlet badis. I was worried about the shrimp population becoming unmanageable and have heard that scarlet badis are great for population control, but is my tank spacious enough for one?
I've read mixed opinions with some people saying 10 gallons minimum, others saying that 3 gallons would be fine for 1 male or even a pair. Anyone keep them in tanks of a similar size that could give me some tips?

Also I know they're not necessarily an ideal beginners species but I'm already in the process of culturing live food and have no intention of actually buying the fish or the shrimp until I know the tank is suitable. That and I want to make sure I can at least keep the daphnia alive for a few weeks haha.

Hellfishguy

5.5 gallon minimum for 1.

Upvote 0

Catappa

I kept a pair in a 15 gallon tank years ago, with no tankmates. Unfortunately, they never bred, but they seemed happy.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Seasoldier
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies
Views
SparklingGourami
Replies