10 Gallon Tank Scarlet Badi and Cherry Shrimp?

wateriswet

Hello! I've had a 5 gallon tank with a colony of cherry shrimp and a mystery snail for a year and a half. My snail died and now I'm considering upgrading to a 10 gallon and redoing the stocking around my shrimp because I love seeing the hundreds of them on every leaf and surface. I'm also going to get a new mystery snail.

Could I keep a single scarlet Badi? Would I need to feed him live food besides the baby shrimp he'll hunt? Will a single scarlet be able to wipe out a shrimp colony if I start out with around 100 and give them cover like cholla? Would the scarlet Badi harass the mystery snail? Or pygmy corydoras if I get some?

Have you found scarlet badis rewarding to keep?

grac3

i have never kept scarlet badis before, but as long as the shrimp fits in the fish's mouth, chances are that your shrimps will get eaten

Upvote 0

wateriswet

i have never kept scarlet badis before, but as long as the shrimp fits in the fish's mouth, chances are that your shrimps will get eaten

Thanks, I'm aware. I'm hoping that the scarlet will be able to subside off baby shrimp without wiping out the entire colony and would love to hear from anyone with experience keeping them together.

Upvote 0

smee82

I had 3 in a 15g with rcs and the shrimp population continued to grow.

They are great little fish and i used to love watching them hunt.

Upvote 0

richiep

It's one of these situations where you may or may not get away with it, nature says they will pray on babies but as mentioned smee82 had 3
Plenty of cover, plants, and give it a go.
I know its a while away but It would be interesting if you do this to let us know the results,

Upvote 0

smee82

It's one of these situations where you may or may not get away with it, nature says they will pray on babies but as mentioned smee82 had 3
Plenty of cover, plants, and give it a go.
I know its a while away but It would be interesting if you do this to let us know the results,

Theres only so many babies they can eat before their full, i dont think they would even eat one a day. And normally theres other critters for the to eat too. So if the colony is already established you wont lose it

wateriswet also see if you can find live daphnia as well to add to your tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
smee82
Replies
Views
Catappa
  • Question
Replies
Views
RelaxingBettas