Scared Zebra Danios?

KatieLeigh

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I have a 20 gallon community tank. with 4female bettas, 2 Zebra Danios (&& I know the number of them is too small but its only temporary, they were adopted from a friend) some glowlight tetras, one glass cat and a golden wonder killifish.

the glass cat fish and the GW Killifish are new members of my tank. the rest of the fish have coexisted for a few months now with no issues.

I have noticed since I added the new fish that my Zebra Danios have gone into hiding.

The new fish have not acted aggressive towards them in any way, so I’m not sure whats up with them, and the tetras (which are smaller than the danios are showing no fear whatsoever)
Water parameters are all in place, and none of the other fish are having any issues.

I was just curious if anyone else had this issue where their Zebra Danios just started staying at the bottom of the tank & hiding.

-Thank you!

AngelfishDude722

Reaction score
I think it might just be the shock of a new place do they come out to eat or when you are not around? I remember my fish used to be scared of me so I would need to peek around the corner but if it saw me it would run!

OP
K

KatieLeigh

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AngelfishDude722 said:
I think it might just be the shock of a new place do they come out to eat or when you are not around? I remember my fish used to be scared of me so I would need to peek around the corner but if it saw me it would run!

well they were swimming around at the top the way danios usually behave up until i added the Glass cat and the Killifish.
the killifish pays them absolutely no attention. and they hide in the shady part of the tank WITH the glasscat so I don’t think hes bothering them. and they were never scared of the bettas or anything. so its just very odd. that they all of a sudden start hiding. and ive been sprinkling food over near where theyre at (it sinks to the bottom) so they dont have to come out if they dont want to.
but idk how else to get them back out and acting normal!
I’m hoping in a few days they will! but they’ve never had any reaction to new fish before so it’s weird! I temporarily housed a SUPER aggressive female (she has since been rehomed to her own private tank) who terrorized every fish, and she would chase the danios around but they never went into hiding like they are now.

New Threads