Scared Molly

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a female molly in my tank that i have had forever and recently started hiding in the corner beside the filter and heater and wont come out. I am kind of worried as she is my favorite and need help asap. does anyone know what is going on? She is in a 30 gal community tank with a DG, platy, other female molly, corys, and some neon tetras with 75 gallons of filtration.
Thanks

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mollies are not long lived fish. 2 -3 years, maybe a bit longer. Wild ones are said to make 5 years.

How old is "forever?"

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thunder_o_b said:
Mollies are not long lived fish. 2 -3 years, maybe a bit longer. Wild ones are said to make 5 years.

How old is "forever?"
about a year but forever was an overstatement. she was my first fish

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dila415 said:
She might be old.. does her scales l o ok normal or are they pineconing?
scales are ok

Thunder_o_b said:
Mollies are also sensitive to nitrates. Is she swimming in place?
yes occasionally, however the other molly is not. maybe i should give it a couple days as i just rescaped the tank and added the school of tetra.

UPDATE: She is swimming along the back of the tank from filter to filter occasionally

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
seth rodgers said:
scales are ok

yes occasionally, however the other molly is not. maybe i should give it a couple days as i just rescaped the tank and added the school of tetra.

UPDATE: She is swimming along the back of the tank from filter to filter occasionally
Test your water. I have had in the past groups of mollies that were fine with one that was doing what you describe. That particular fish was much more sensitive to nitrates than is usual even for mollies.

seth rodgers

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thunder_o_b said:
Test your water. I have had in the past groups of mollies that were fine with one that was doing what you describe. That particular fish was much more sensitive to nitrates than is usual even for mollies.
Thanks man will do

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom