Scared Betta

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

So I was feeding my Betta this morning and I accidentally dropped the lid from too far up. I didn’t mean to it just slipped. It seemed to scare him pretty bad. He darted around for a little and than he was just hiding. I have turned his tank light off thinking it will help de stress him, but have the room light on so it’s not completely dark. Is there anything else I can do. I feel so bad and I hope he’s going to be ok. He’s in a heated 10 gallon. Parameters are all where they should be. I’m so scared that he’s not going to be ok. Do Bettas recover from being scared? Thanks for any help..

BettaNation

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fredbetta86 said:
Hey All,

So I was feeding my Betta this morning and I accidentally dropped the lid from too far up. I didn’t mean to it just slipped. It seemed to scare him pretty bad. He darted around for a little and than he was just hiding. I have turned his tank light off thinking it will help de stress him, but have the room light on so it’s not completely dark. Is there anything else I can do. I feel so bad and I hope he’s going to be ok. He’s in a heated 10 gallon. Parameters are all where they should be. I’m so scared that he’s not going to be ok. Do Bettas recover from being scared? Thanks for any help..
Don't worry, he will be perfectly normal. Betta's don't normally die after being briefly scared

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
BettaNation said:
Don't worry, he will be perfectly normal. Betta's don't normally die after being briefly scared
He’s swimming around like normal again and interacting with me. Is the darting a normal reaction if a Betta gets scared? Also when do you think it’s safe to turn his tank lights back on. Thank you for your reply, it’s not a good feeling to see him scared like that..

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
BettaNation said:
When do you think it would be ok to turn on the tank lights again?

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Don't worry, if bettas were seriously affected every time something threatening happened near them, they'd have a tough time in the wild. It would be more worrying if he didn't react.
Turn the lights back on whenever you like, he's probably confused as to why it's suddenly night time since he's used to them being on

AnglerTheStrangler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
IceFyre1414 said:
Don't worry, if bettas were seriously affected every time something threatening happened near them, they'd have a tough time in the wild. It would be more worrying if he didn't react.
Turn the lights back on whenever you like, he's probably confused as to why it's suddenly night time since he's used to them being on
Thank you for your reply. Yeah I’m thinking that I should turn the tank lights back on. The room lights are on right now so it’s not that dark in his tank but he normally has his tank light on. You think that’s ok to turn it on now?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom