Scaping 10g Tank For Betta.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Kerina, Apr 12, 2017.

1. K

Kerina Valued Member Member

So, I'm planning to upgrade my betta to a low tech 10g.
    This is what Im drawing out so far:
    [​IMG].
    Pool filter sand, rounded pebbles
    1. Anubias
    2. Java ferns
    3. Dwarf swords, they do grow fine in liw tech, just do not carpet, right?
    4. Some tall plant, moneywort, pennywort, bacopa, may be some crypt. Need some suggestions for this.
    5. Moss tied to the driftwood, ether flame or xmass, because those are the 2 I have.
    I want it to have a densely planted look, so may be a tiger lotus up front slightly off center to the left or some balls of moss like xmass or may be getting a new one.
    [​IMG]

Open to any comments or suggestions.

2. DutchMutch

DutchMutch New Member Member

Tiger Lotus's get quite large for a ten gallon, you can try but I think its growth would be stunted. Just my .02

3. OP
    OP
    K

I seen pictures of small tank with some lotus type plant, was it a different one?

4. DutchMutch

DutchMutch New Member Member

there are many varieties

5. Ihaveacactus

Ihaveacactus Valued Member Member

I don't have any experience growing bacopa, but a crypt or sword would be good for #4 as they both fill out nicely. I wouldn't recommend pennywort in that spot, as it tends to spread and creep along the surface of the water instead of getting bushy.

Here you can see how my amazon sword exploded in size in my 10g:
    [​IMG]

I can't find a picture of my pennywort in my other tank back from when it was growing in a dense mat. It blankets the top nicely but does block a lot of light from getting below.

6. OP
    OP
    K

With amazon sword im worried that it can get too tall for that tank.

7. FishWhishes

FishWhishes New Member Member

I have a ten gallon a lot like yours and I have an amazon sword in it. It has been there for about a year and a half and it has never gotten too tall. If leaves do get too tall just pick them off, it'll regrow leaves (this is what I do with dying leaves). Of course, it's up to you though! If you feel that it would grow too tall then don't get one. :)

8. OP
    OP
    K

Well the feel on the sword is purely theoretical, only 1 I ever had is the small one with red spots thats sold in tubes in petco

9. Ihaveacactus

Ihaveacactus Valued Member Member

The tips of my sword have poked out of the water when levels get low (I have open tanks, so there's a lot of evaporation). They get a but dry and wrinkly when that happens, but I just trim the tips/remove leaves that are too tall.

10. OP
    OP
    K

[​IMG]
    The stage is set.
    Now Im going to go do accounting homework problems

11. OP
    OP
    K

[​IMG]
    There is lindernia rotundifolia in front of the heater, greener moss is flame moss browner is xmass (it was grown emersed thats why such sad color now) and small rosettes are crypt bekettii.
    How do you think, should I tie more stuff to the wood or in general put more stuff in now?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice